On Saturday, September 7, AYJET, the approved training organization and flight school based in Istanbul (Turkey), received its first Sonaca 200 Trainer Pro. This was the first of the six Sonaca 200 ordered by AYJET in August 2018.
Taking off from Temploux Aerodrome in Namur this autumm is the Sonaca 200 training aircraft - a new single-engin, two-seater plane destined for the flight school and leisure market. It's the first time in decades that a Belgian aerolplane has bee launched.
After having flown the OO-SON demonstrator in 2016, I had the opportunity to once again fly on the OO-NEW pre-series machine on 24 September 2018 during Pierre Van Wetter’s tour in Switzerland.
Après avoir volé le démonstrateur OO-SON en 2016, j’ai eu l’occasion de revoler sur la machine de présérie OO-NEW le 24 septembre 2018 lors d’une tournée en Suisse de Pierre van Wetter.
On Friday the 24th of August, I had the opportunity to perform a test flight in the Sonaca 200 with Pierre Van Wetter. Pierre and another colleague have been involved in this pro-ject since day one. He is currently responsible for sales and marketing. Pierre received his masters degree in aeronautical engineering from the University of Liège.
- Sonaca Aircraft has been given EASA CS-VLA certification for the Sonaca 200
- The delivery of the first SONACA 200 models is scheduled for September 2018
- Two versions are available for sale: The Sonaca 200 Trainer & The Sonaca 200 Trainer Pro
- Sonaca Aircraft is working on developing two new versions of the plane: UPRT and IFR
2018 has started off with the closure of the flight test programm, getting the DOA ( Design Organisation Approval ) from EASA and the Start of assembly of the first models of the Sonaca 200. Implementation of an ambitious industrial project conducted in close collaboration with Sonaca Group.
- Static and fatigue analysis on the Sonaca 200 has been performed under Sonaca's SONIA virtual sizing environment
- Sonaca Aircraft is currently in the final phase of the Sonaca 200 flight test programme
- The delivery of the first Sonaca 200’s is scheduled for the beginning of 2018
Le lundi 4 septembre 2017, les premiers clients de Sonaca Aircraft ont été invités à tester le Sonaca 200 (OO- NEW), nouvel avion monomoteur biplace destiné à la formation des pilotes et aux vols de loisir. Au terme des vols d’essai, les pilotes se sont montrés très enthousiastes. La Belgian Flight School a confirmé sa commande initiale.